Longiflorum-Asiatic hybridsThese are my favorite. They are substantive in petal and leaf like Longiflorums, but have the larger outfacing flowers of Asiatics. Extremely long-blooming, and vaguely fragrant. Bloom time is just after the regular Asiatics - typically early July for me. Hard to find but well worth seeking out!
|LA hybrid Lily 'Golden Tycoon'|
- LA hybrid lily ‘Golden Tycoon’ - bright yellow
- LA hybrid lily 'Red Alert' - deep red
- LA hybrid lily 'Swansea' - peachy-pink
Martagon liliesUnusual lilies that grow in dappled shade. They take many years to become established, but ultimately form impressive clumps.
|Martagon Lily 'Mrs. R. O. Backhouse'|
- Martagon lily 'Mrs. R. O. Backhouse'- a luminous salmony yellow with pink undersides.
Oriental LiliesThese exotic beauties are fabulous and exceptionally fragrant. Well-known and often-grown for a reason. They demand very good drainage, but will tolerate partial shade. Bloom late, in early August here.
|Oriental Lily 'Time Out'|
- Oriental lily ‘Acapulco’ - bright pink with brown spots
- Oriental lily ‘Casablanca’ - classic white beauty. Massive blooms.
- Oriental lily ‘Time Out’ - pale yellow with white margins