Sunday, May 25, 2014

Chipmunk Interlude

I just had to take a break from posting about plants to show you this other little garden feature: Mr. Chipmunk.

Chipmunk

He lives under our house, and is very cute. He is a shy fellow who normally runs away whenever we get near, but I was able to take his picture through the glass door - he probably could not see that I was around through the reflection.

Chipmunk

He does dig little holes here and about, and leaves behind little messes of nibbled seedpods after eating, but other than that does no harm that I can see, and besides is too adorable to banish!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! And apparently much more well-behaved than the squirrels and raccoons who hang out at my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, he is actually very noisy - he stands on the porch and chirps louder than the loudest bird, sometimes for hours. Not quite sure if it's a mating or warning call or what, but pretty annoying!

      Delete
  2. Nice and cute! It's pity Chipmunk do not live here, I'd love to see it. Your photo is unique Rebecca! I know it's difficult to take it when an animal is shy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, although I see him every day several times, this is the first time I actually managed to get a picture. I was standing on the other side of a glass door where he could not see me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...